Terms and Conditions
1. The booking will be considered confirmed with Love Bus in the Peak once the deposit has been paid. A non-refundable deposit of £150 will secure the booking. A written confirmation will be sent via email as a receipt of any deposit or booking and this constitutes your contract with us. The outstanding balance is required to be paid 30 days before the wedding day or civil ceremony.
2. The hirer reserves the right to cancel their booking at any time. The initial standard deposit is non-refundable if you cancel. Should you wish to cancel completely you will be refunded any other money you have paid over and above the standard deposit for the quoted vehicle as long as the cancellation is more than 43 days from the hire date. However, if cancellation is advised 42 days or less prior to the booked date then you will still be liable for full payment. To protect your outlay we strongly advise clients to consider a low-cost Wedding Insurance covering cancellation, to provide immediate cover with this is best put in place as soon as your wedding date is confirmed. Any cancellations must be made in writing to Love Bus in the Peak or via email to email@example.com
3. Changing a wedding date after a booking has been confirmed is deemed as a cancellation. However, if a new date is set and we are available for the revised date, your existing booking would be transferred to the new date without loss of deposit. If the client decides to postpone the wedding date to a future date in later years but has not yet decided on a date, in order to keep the contract in place and safeguard their initial deposit instead of cancelling and losing it, an additional non-refundable guarantee deposit will be required which will, of course, be deducted from the final balance when due. If the client subsequently also cancels this postponed later date, the additional guarantee deposit plus the initial deposit will be forfeited. Original deposits are unable to be held over indefinitely, therefore if a new wedding date has not been set and an additional guarantee deposit has not been received the existing booking will be cancelled and the original deposit will be forfeited.
4. If the government issues a ban on weddings during the period your wedding is booked due to a health crisis like a viral pandemic or reduces the number of persons that can attend a wedding, this is neither the fault of the client or the vehicle owner. Therefore, if the persons permitted to attend are reduced, it means the wedding could still go ahead and therefore the client has to make a decision on whether to proceed with fewer guests, cancel or postpone. If the wedding is banned from taking place altogether, then all monies the client has paid via the online payment facility will be refunded to the client with the exception of the initial standard deposit as this is a previously advised non-refundable payment which has already been expended in the administration costs and itinerary production for the client thus far. If the client chose to protect their outlay with wedding insurance, this deposit may be able to be claimed back from the insurance company. If the client postpones to a later date rather than cancelling, their deposit will simply be transferred to the new date, subject to the booked vehicle being available.
5. Whilst every effort is made to provide the vehicle booked, Love Bus in the Peak reserves the right to substitute vehicles in the event of an unforeseen mechanical failure or other circumstances beyond our control. Vehicles of a lesser hire charge will entitle the Hirer to a refund of the difference. In the very rare event a mechanical failure/breakdown takes place on route to the ceremony, every possible effort will be made by Love Bus in the Peak to secure alternative transport. In the extremely unlikely event of a delay leading to a missed ceremony, a full refund will be offered, including deposit. If there is a mechanical issue/breakdown following the ceremony that prevents any member of the bridal party reaching the reception then a refund will be offered dependent on the proportion of the journey that has been missed and taking into account the loss of any photographic opportunities lost that were due to be taken at the reception venue. The refund offered will also be dependent on which members of the bridal party are affected.
6. All Hirers must fill in an information form before the wedding day to give details of the pick-up address(es) and the location of the wedding ceremony and the reception venue. Love Bus in the Peak cannot be held responsible if the wedding/ceremony is completely missed due to the timekeeping of the wedding/ceremony party or guests or if the guests provide us with incorrect details on the information form.
7. Whilst every effort will be made to arrive at scheduled locations in good time, no responsibility can be taken for unforeseen road closures or for restrictions relating to vehicle access to any location or unforeseen physical delays on route to the ceremony or adverse weather conditions. We cannot be held responsible for late arrival or cancellation due to any other circumstances beyond our immediate control. Love Bus in the Peak strongly recommends that you are covered by adequate wedding insurance.
8. The Hirer is responsible for any accidental or intentional damage caused to the vehicle(s) by themselves and/or their wedding guests. A minimum charge of £100 will be charged to cover the valet costs should damage be caused by any passenger through drink, food or illness.
9. We advise that smoking is prohibited in our vehicles. We cannot be held responsible for any adverse medical reaction or allergy to anything consumed whilst in the vehicles, or subsequently later or any injury or loss caused through excess consumption of alcohol. All items left in the vehicles are at the owners own risk and no responsibility will be taken for their loss or damage. Every effort will be made to reunite any property found to the members of the Hirer’s party.
10. Due to the age of our vehicles, seat belts are not available in the rear of our Campervan. There is a lap belt in the front for up to 2 passengers. The following website has details provided by the government and we require all clients, vehicle owners and their drivers to read this. Please note, we cannot transport children under the age of three as the law states that they need to be in a car seat. http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/
11. Love Bus in the Peak will not be held liable or responsible for situations caused by circumstances outside of their control and/or ‘Force Majeure’ either before, after or on the hire date, resulting in late arrivals at collection addresses, ceremonies or receptions, delays or cancellations to ceremonies or receptions, missed appointments, missed photographic opportunities, missed travel connections, delays by utilising one vehicle on multiple trips to the same destination, clients not departing the collection address at the stated time, traffic congestion, incorrectly advised timings, vehicle breakdowns, punctures, driver or passenger illness or infection, booking cancellations or other circumstances beyond their control not listed above. Force Majeure is a contract provision that relieves the parties from performing their contractual obligations when certain circumstances beyond their control arise, making performance inadvisable, commercially impracticable, illegal, or impossible.
12. Love Bus in the Peak may take photographs for their own promotional use; they may appear on our social media sites and website and by agreeing to these conditions, by paying your deposit, the Hirer has given Love Bus in the Peak permission to do so. We will own and retain the copyright of any image taken but will happily share with anyone seeking a copy.
13. We reserve the right to amend our terms and Conditions at any time.
14. As you will be aware the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on the 25th May 2018. Love Bus in the Peak would like to request that, as a valued customer, you agree to allow us to continue to safely store your contact details e.g. e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, invoice and delivery addresses, all of which will have been provided by you (customer), or created by your use of our services. This does not affect your rights as you are in control. The legislation dictates that you can:-
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you at any time.
- Inform us of any changes or corrections to your personal information.
- Ask us to erase the personal information we hold about you.
- Withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 07415894488 or 07737361037. We respect your privacy, and the safe storage of your personal information is taken very seriously. All our digitally held information is stored on hard drives to which I only have access, we do not share your personal information with any third parties for sales or marketing purposes. The data we hold is crucial to maintain the smooth operation of our service to you. It is important that you ‘opt-in’ with us to keep using our services. To prevent you the inconvenience of having to submit any forms, we will assume that you wish to do so.
15. By paying your deposit, and ticking the T&C box on the website, you will have deemed to have agreed and accepted the above terms and conditions.
Thank you for booking with Love Bus in the Peak – we enjoy our work and look forward to seeing you and your families on your special day.
By ticking the box on the website you are re-confirming you fully understand and accept the contact and agree to the terms and conditions.